Increasing pet overpopulation shows just how important it is to get your pet spayed or neutered. It’s becoming more of a necessity due to the overwhelming number of pets being abandoned and euthanized in our animal shelters. At our hospital, we want to make this procedure as safe and comfortable as possible. Our spay and neuter procedures include:
- A pre-operative sedative injection to help ease anxiety
- Pre-anesthetic profile/electrolytes testing (optional). This ensures your pet is healthy enough to go under anesthesia, checks kidney function, liver values and other essential functions.
- General anesthesia. Your pet is monitored electronically by technician to make it as safe as possible.
- 1 night of hospitalization
- 24-hour post-operative pain injection
- A full post-operative exam
- Pain management after surgery (4-5 days of pain medication)
We offer these surgical procedures with a laser option for an additional charge. The advantages of laser surgery are:
- Your pet goes home the same day
- Less pain
- Less bleeding and swelling
- Reduced risk of infection
- Quicker return to normal activity.